A simple, gentle combination which takes up very little room in the mouth. Ideal for horses which are strong, but sensitive or smaller built horses/ponies with tongue issues.
Does your horse have insufficient room in the mouth to accommodate a conventional Weymouth?
-The NS Lightweight Mors L'Hotte Weymouth (also known as a "French Curb") is ideal for horses that do not have much room in the mouth and is also extremely benficial for horses that are strong, but sensitive at the same time.
- The mouthpiece traces out a subtle convex arc in alignment with the curb cheek shanks.
- It exerts gentle even pressure across the tongue and does not abude the outer edges, nor does it roll forwards onto the thinner more sensitive area of the tongue. This promotes comfort and has consistently proved to eradicate tongue evasions.
- Available with elegant 7cm shanks only, 12mm thick mouthpiece. Now Available from 4.75" to 5.75"
- The Team Up bridoon Ergonomically curved, guaranteeing a very even, gentle weight distribution. Aligns itself under the upper palate and encompasses the tongue.
- Recommended for fussy, overactive mouths.
- Reinforces the turning aids.
- This bit can help to encourage softening through the jaw and lengthening of the neck, and so can be beneficial for those horses with very little room in the mouth to take a wider bridoon, while still encouraging a more "seeking" contact in the double.
- Dressage Legal.
- 12mm mouthpiece with 55mm Bridoon. (5"-6.5" in 1/4" increments) New size!
- Both bits are dressage legal, includes the curb chain, Diamond Paste bit cleaner and a lip strap in this set.
For sizing: please select your current snaffle size. You will be sent a bridoon in this size and the weymouth a 1/4" smaller, as this generally suits the majority of horses. (of course, we do exchange for size for no additional charge should you need).