Lovely neat bit, non invasive in the pony’s mouth but the only downside is that the rein slots are too small and it’s difficult to find reins that fit through comfortably enough to allow the bit to sit properly and not get caught up.
Very popular in the show ring in the UK- need more control than a snaffle?
- A very mild lever action causes the cheeks to tilt forwards and the mouthpiece to lift up.
- Very effective for ponies that poke their noses or are strung out.
- Has a mild gag action, and can be useful for jumping.
- Promotes outline, turning and gives extra gentle control- a step up from a snaffle.
- Can be especially useful for the child who does not possess either the technique or leg strength to obtain a nice round outline.
- 8093Bev - 10mm Tranz Angled Lozenge Mouthpiecemouthpiece with 45mm rings, available from 4.25" to 5" in size.