The bit arrived very quickly after I ordered it and its exactly what I needed for this particular pony. Great product for sensitive pony. Would highly recommend The Bit Bank to anyone wanting prompt service and good quality products.
Does your horse hollow and poke out his nose?
- The Baucher snaffle promotes a round outline, the mouthpiece simultaneously lifts up within the mouth taking pressure off the bars and tongue.
- The fixed cheek style of the Baucher offers the mouthpiece increased stability which can help promote a more consistent contact and outline from the horse, as well as being helpful for riders with slightly unsteady hands. The main benefit of this bit comes from the stability of the mouthpiece (more so than an eggbutt) rather than the very mild- if there is any at all- poll pressure.
- Good for shoulder control, to help prevent falling in etc.
- Beautifully scaled down cheekpieces for the pony head.
- 8093B 10mm Tranz Angled Lozenge mouthpiece, available from 4" to 5" in sizes.
*Anita's comments: The Baucher in reality applies little if any poll pressure, though the various marketing materials for the different brands do still promote this bit in terms of applying poll pressure. The main benefit of this bit comes from the stability of the mouthpiece (more so than an eggbutt) rather than the very mild- if there is any at all- poll pressure. This is still a direct action bit, and hence why is it legal for competition as a snaffle, and a bit that does apply leverage such as the 'spanish snaffle' is not.
Fits my pony's very dainty 4. 25" mouth and is beautifully proportioned. Head tossing has stopped and he is mouthing the bit. Also arrived in 2 days; great service.
This bit is fabulous for a pony that works kindly in a snaffle, but may have a "jockey" with unsteady hands. The fixed half cheek helps to take out some of the wobble in a younger riders hands. The bit sits up in the ponies mouth, making it easier for them to find their comfort zone. Please note that this bit is NOT Pony Club legal in NSW for dressage or equitation. It is not legal because the manufacturer claims it exerts poll pressure.