I originally bought this for my QH who was a bit strong when showjumping. The full cheeks improved our turns and stopped the bit from sliding across his mouth. This bit is soft enough to not affect our forwardness whilst helping with steering. I now use this on my new horse and he loves the soft, stable mouthpiece. It's a great multi-purpose bit!
Stubben Full Cheek with Copper link
- Fixed full cheeks to give very clear, direct rein aids and help prevent the bit sliding in the mouth.
- Very good for young horses or lunging/ long lining.
- The central lozenge lies flat on the tongue, not angled, more in the "training snaffle" style.
Available in12.5 13.5 and 14.5cm with 14mm mouthpiece.
Benefits of a Sweet Copper Mouth:
- Better acceptance because it encourages the horse to chew, thus enhances the saliva production
- The delicate sweet taste of the middle piece (SWEET COPPER LINK) encourages horses to salivate because their taste buds are situated in the centre of the tongue
- Massive copper composition (90% Copper, 7% Iron + Aluminum, No Nickel) with very high strength.
- Horses feel good with Sweet Copper
Stubben STEELtec quality:
- No rough edges
- Long durability is achieved by using stainless steel for all lateral mouth pieces
- Bit holes and link pieces don't wear out as fast
Nice light weight snaffle, it’s on the finer end of the spectrum so suits horses with low palate and thick tongue without being harsh. Rings and bars are quite small, it’s pretty stable in the mouth so good for fussy horses.