I have a grey who rubs out very easily whenever she changes coat. During these times I can't use her normal loose ring snaffle. The stability that the stubben baucher offers seems to be solving the problem so far and my mare is very happy and steady in the contact.
New to the Bit Bank Family - the Stubben Baucher!
- This 16mm Baucher bit has a sweet copper mouthpiece along with an oval mouth link made to allow for better acceptance of the bit.
- Designed to give better communication between horse and rider.
- This Baucher will allow for softer aids and a happier horse due to its stability in the mouth.
- The central lozenge sits flat on the tongue, not angled, for a more even sympathetic feel.
- Quality made bit from the Stubben SteelTec range, well finished and polished, in the "training snaffle" style.
- Copper mouthpiece with stainless steel rings
- The Baucher snaffle promotes a round outline, the mouthpiece simultaneously lifts up within the mouth taking pressure off the bars and tongue.
- The fixed cheek style of the Baucher offers the mouthpiece increased stability which can help promote a more consistent contact and outline from the horse, as well as being helpful for riders with slightly unsteady hands.
- Good for shoulder control, to help prevent falling in etc.
- Great value for money
*Anita's comments: The Baucher in reality applies little if any poll pressure, though the various marketing materials for the different brands do still promote this bit in terms of applying poll pressure. The main benefit of this bit comes from the stability of the mouthpiece (more so than an eggbutt) rather than the very mild- if there is any at all- poll pressure. This is still a direct action bit, and hence why is it legal for competition as a snaffle, and a bit that does apply leverage such as the 'spanish snaffle' is not.
Available in 4.5", 5", 5.25", 5.5" and 6"
This bit has been great on my boy tat pulls his tongue up. Since using it he is much more accepting of the bit.
Bit Bank response was excellent and delivery very prompt. My horse seems to like the taste of this bit, I should have waited for the 5.25" I was in a hurry and bought the 5.5" it is a little big so will probably order a 5.25" as he responding well to this bit.