I have recently introduced this to a 3yr old training to Rein and I am very pleased with this particular bit. It encourages the horse to come down into frame and find correct flexion/carriage a lot more pleasantly than more traditional style bits. The Myler range definitely offers a unique and superior product. I will continue to recommend this product into the future.
A great bit for the horse beginning their training, with basic gaits and transitions.
- Stainless steel Western D-ring snaffle, with a sweet iron wide centre barrell and a copper inlay mouth.
- Features a curved mouthpiece for dispersed pressure and ease of swallowing.
- The D ring can help steady the bit slightly in the mouth, compared with a loose ring, while the flat sides against the cheeks can help the rider with clear direct turning aids, while preventing the bit from sliding in the mouth.
- Uses tongues pressure and bar pressure, working mostly off the tongue. Myler bits distribute the pressure more evenly than most other designs.
- Features the Myler "pinch and restrict, then release"- the bit collapses on the sides of the bars and comes down on the tongue. When the horse relaxes at the poll, the pressure is released and the horse learns to come into this "comfort zone".
- Available in 5" only.
- Dressage legal.
My was horse was instantly softer in the mouth which is a necessity in my discipline. Vertical flexion was much more responsive as well. Signs of resistance had also stopped (trying to put tongue over bit, playing with the bit, not more 'nut cracker' issues, and no more leaning on the bit).