Designed to communicate with the horse with basic training, learning the gaits, transitions and obedience.
- Features a curved mouthpiece for dispersed pressure and ease of swallowing.
- Uses tongue pressure and bar pressure- working mostly off the tongue. Myler bits distribute tongues pressure more evenly than traditional designs.
- Features the Myler "pinch and restrict with release"- the bit collapses on the sides of the bars and comes down into the tongue. When the horse relaxes in the poll, the pressure is released. The horse then learns to come into the "comfort zone".
- The fixed cheeks of the Dee ring offer the bit more stability in the mouth, which can suit either a fussy mouthed horse, or a rider with unsteady hands. The flat dee sides can also assit the rider with clear direct turning aids, while preventing the bit from sliding through the mouth. A good alternative to a Full cheek, where the longer arms are not desired for safety reasons.
- The bars of the Dee ring measure 3" long for the pony sizes 4.5" and 4.75 , 3.5" long for the horse sizes of 5" and 5.5".
-This Myler snaffle bit is dressage legal for competition.
One of the few Myler bits commonly available in the smaller sizes- we carry this in both the 4.5" and the 4.75"!
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
2nd of these bits I have purchased from Bit Bank. Charmae advised this bit for Gypsy Cob youngster due to his small mouth and big tongue and also got the correct size. Fits well and doesn't take up too much room in his mouth. Horse is happier with this bit. Well done Bit Bank, thank you.
Purchased this bit for a newly broken pony after reading the detailed description by Bit Bank and he has accepted and responded to the bit really well. He started with the old fashioned thick rubber bit and would fuss about it but with the Myler bit he seems much happier.
I have both my older school master and recently broken stock horses in these bits and both have never worked better. Relaxed and the old guy literally dives into his bridle as he’s so keen to work. Great bits.
I was recommended this bit by an eventer as a dressage legal bit that would be stable in my horse's mouth, and move less than a normal linked snaffle (which I used to use, and my horse was shaking her head with it, quite unsettled). She accepted this bit straight away, and was really calm with it. Definitely recommend it if your horse is fussing with a bit that moves too much or is a bit too loose for them to be comfortable.
Changed from a Srenger loose ring lozenge to this bit. My horse stopped fussing with the bit within 5 seconds without contact but still fusses with contact. I think this is more her than the bit but time will tell.
Great fitting bit. Great service thanks
We where having trouble with out horse throwing his head and decided to try the Myler Bit after many recommendations . He know not only doesn't throw his head, he also seems to respond a lot quicker to all things asked of him happy horse!!
My 5 year old quarter horse performed fantastically in his new bit. A beautifull soft bit and my horse responded well.