The Myler Pony MB02 Comfort Eggbutt is finally here!
Designed to communicate with the horse with basic training, learning the gaits, transitions and obedience.
- Features a curved mouthpiece for dispersed pressure and ease of swallowing.
- Uses tongue pressure and bar pressure- working mostly off the tongue. Myler bits distribute tongues pressure more evenly than traditional designs.
- Features the Myler "pinch and restrict with release"- the bit collapses on the sides of the bars and comes down into the tongue. When the horse relaxes in the poll, the pressure is released. The horse then learns to come into the "comfort zone".
- The eggbutt cheeks can offer the bit a little more stability that with the loose ring, which can help with fussy mouthed horses, or riders with unsteady hands.
-This Myler snaffle bit is Dressage Legal for competition.
A very popular Myler Comfort snaffle great for a variety of uses, now in pony size 4.5" and 5" with 50mm rings!
One of Bit Bank Australia's 5* Rated Horse Bits!
To gain a 5* rating from Bit Bank Australia the particuarly horse bit must meet these 5 criterior:
1. Available in a wide range of sizes
2. Designed to suit a wide range of horses and rider's needs
3. Quality finish for a comfortable fit
4. Designed with the horse's welfare in mind
5. Approved by hundreds of BBA past clients!
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The difference this bit made was 100% obvious when I was testing them. Huge difference in my young horse. She just melted into my hands.
A loose ring french link or KK have always been the default bits I've used for general schooling, but my latest OTTB fussed and chewed chunks out of them. The unrestricted movement of a traditional french link and the way it rested on and applied pressure to his tongue and bars seemed to be what was bothering him. My equine dentist suggested I try a Level 1 Eggbutt Myler. The improvement is remarkable! The fixed ring and mouth piece with independent side pressure now sits quietly in his mouth and the eggbutt rings help reduce the 'noise' allowing me to make steady and clear aids. He is a petite 16hh TB and the pony 4 1/2 inch fits perfectly.
Prior to using this bit my horse used to grate on the bit and throw his head so frequently - it was stressful for both of us and I wanted him to be more comfortable. He adores this bit, even after the first time using it I noticed a huge difference in how much he was focusing and there was much less head tossing. The roller mouth piece in the middle really suits him and I love that the rings on each side move independently as well. Love it!
Nice to have a Myler with small rings for horses with dainty heads/muzzles. This looks much better on my Arabs than the standard giant rings. This bit is much tidier and much safer to use because it's not as likely to get caught on things on or off the horse.