German hackamores are one of two popular types of bitless bridles.
-Hackamores are useful for horses with mouth problems, or those that just dislike any type of bit.
- The German version of the hackamore has a long shank, with a rubber covered chain noseband, and adjustable chain behind the nose.
- One pair of reins are used on the bottom of the shank, which gives nose pressure.
- It is very important to fit hackamores in the correct position to avoid nerve damage or restriction to the horses breathing. The hackamore replaces the noseband and is fitted slightly lower than a cavesson, but making sure the noseband is sitting on a solid part of the horses nose, not onto the soft cartilage below.
- This style can also be use in conjunction with a snaffle bit- popular with showjumpers.
- The very long shanks apply a lot of leverag force, making this a strong bitting option, and not for the novice horse or rider.
(Not available on trial, one size only, Rubber colour may vary from natural/black/clear, colour requests not available)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Well made and super fit. I purchased for use on a horse with a senstive mouth and have had a great result with it. Plus due to the long shanks it will be easy to add a bit if required for cross country.