Happy with the bit. I have an Irish horse who grabs the bit and hauls his head around when he wants to look at something going on. I can correct this easily using this bit and he is doing it less and less.
Stubben EZ Control Loose Ring Bit
- The new EZ Control bit features Rigid Effect, which provides flexibility on the sides of the bit.
- It allows for minimum pressure on the reins for a gentle, sensitive touch and easier communication.
- The EZ Control bit can not bend backwards, which means that pressure is distributed equally an the bars of the mouth, and the bit does not wrap around the lower jaw.
- The EZ Control gives you the play of a loose ring jointed snaffle, but with the steadiness and protection for the bars of a mullen mouth snaffle.
- 16mm thick mouthpiece with 70mm rings.
- Highly polished stainless steel.
Available in sizes 12.5cm, 135.cm and 14.5cm.
Stubben explains the benefits of the E Z Control Loose Ring Snaffle:
- Optimal adaptation through the unique bit-design - flexibility on the sides
- Enhanced effect with minimum pressure on the reins
- Allows gentle and sensitive aids
- Enables easier communication between horse and rider
- Top-class and professional show jumpers inspired Stubben in the development of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT.
- Their horses (show jumpers) often have a very strong impulsion, making it difficult at times for the rider to bring the horse back before each jump.
- When using too severe bits however, horses become too cautious, resulting in a lack of speed and power in the jumping course.
- With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT Stubben have developed a bit which is very effective and has a strong action on demand, yet positioned soft and comfortable in the horse’s mouth.
- The effect of the bit comes into action gently. When the horse accepts the bit, it lies smoothly between tongue and lower jaw.
- Only in moments of disobedience, when the horse resists the riders aid, the rigid mullen action of the bit is initiated. As soon as the horse backs down and accepts the riders aid, the bit acts flexible and soft on the horse’s tongue and bars.
- This particular effect of the EZ-CONTROL-BIT has proved its worth also in the training of young horses. Horse trainers speak of a self-learning-aspect, because many horses begin to correct themselves as soon as the mullen action is initiated.
- The problem when horses become too strong in the riders hands and run away from the riders aid exists quite often, not only when show jumping. Stubben have also had very good results in tests with children, who sometimes did not have enough strength to control their ponies when they were too strong or disobedient.
- With the EZ-CONTROL-BIT riders have a more effective impact on the horse, requiring less pressure on the reins.
been fighting to find a bit that works for my girl who is allergic to all types of metals.. this one worked like a charm. and its mild when she behaves.. great bit for the greenies!