This bit was very suitable for the horse I purchased it for
Control without severity- a Handy Piece of Kit!!
- Brilliant for faster work such as jumping, as it allows you to turn more easily and generally eliminates the head toss when asking for the downward transition, eg. when shortening before a fence.
- If you are looking to upgrade from a snaffle, this is highly recommended as it has a mild mouthpiece while subtly employing other pressure points.
- The addition of a Curb strap on the cheek peice rings asks for head lowering.
- Very popular!
- This bit is very effective for those riders needing a little help while training their horse to respect their aids before a fence. A lot of clients using this bit have then gone back to their normal snaffle after irmpoving their horse's education in the Universal.
- 8023U has 16mm Tranz Angled Lozenge Mouthpiece, available from 5" to 6".
One of Bit Bank Australia's 5* Rated Horse Bits!
To gain a 5* rating from Bit Bank Australia the particuarly horse bit must meet these 5 criterior:
1. Available in a wide range of sizes
2. Designed to suit a wide range of horses and rider's needs
3. Quality finish for a comfortable fit
4. Designed with the horse's welfare in mind
5. Approved by hundreds of BBA past clients!
My gelding can get quite strong in jumping, yet other wise has a snaffle mouth. I found this bit brilliant as a step up to add more control during jumping and faster work. Number of different rein options makes it flexible to increase/decrease the strength required. My horse accepted this bit straight away, being soft and responsive, with no resistance at all. Best bit I've ever purchased! Highly recommended
Originally trialled this bit for my big horse as he has a sensitive mouth yet gets strong on course. I have retired him and decided to try it on my pony and found it really great as she tends to bring her head up when asked to slow and check before a fence. Good salivation and not too bulky looking eventhough she is a pony with a wide gob and needs the 5" width. Thanks Anita. Appreciate the advice in choosing this bit and will be shopping here in the future. what a great place to find the right bit for your horse!!! Cheers.