This bit has been brilliant from the first day of using it.. We bought it for a 13hh pony who could get a bit too keen for her small 8yr old rider.. this bit has made her softer and collected, better breaks and the child has loads more confidence so actually doesn’t need to use the lower ring except for jumping. So glad you gave the advice to try this bit as pony is comfortable and child happy!
Control without severity- a Handy Piece of Kit!!
- Brilliant for faster work such as jumping, as it allows you to turn more easily and generally eliminates the head toss when asking for the downward transition, eg. when shortening before a fence.
- If you are looking to upgrade from a snaffle, this is highly recommended as it has a mild mouthpiece while subtly employing other pressure points.
- The addition of a Curb strap on the cheek peice rings asks for increased head lowering, making the bit more effective with ponies that tend to toss their heads before a fence. 4 rein options, including using roundings.
- The cheeks are scaled down to suit the smaller pony heads.
- Very popular!
- 8093U - 10mm Tranz Angled Lozenge Mouthpiece, available from 4.25" to 5" in size.
Bought this bit for my daughters pony who gets strong XC. Had a competition over the weekend and it worked great. She was able to really enjoy the ride as she felt in full control the entire time. Great step up from a snaffle bit