After doing some research into the Neue Schule Verbindend and trying one of my friend’s, I was convinced that it was the bit I needed for my OTTB, Beau. Then I stumbled across the Minos Vision Harmony snaffle and noticed it’s almost identical design at a far, far lower price point. I decided to bite the bullet any buy one and I haven’t looked back! This is by far my favourite bit in my collection. Beau is so much more light and accepting of contact with this bit than any other but I have tried. He no longer gapes his mouth open constantly and seems to be very comfortable. He hasn’t been leaning and drifting as often as he used to which definitely makes life easier for me. Believe it or not, now that he is working in better posture, it has actually seemed to help a little bit with his roaring (Laryngeal Hemiplegia). It is exceptional quality and I love that it is made in 1/4 inch increments to get the perfect fit. I loved it so much that I went ahead and bought a second one for his other bridle to save me having to change it all the time. Thank you, Bit Bank! It’s truly incredible what finding the right bit can do.
NEW from Eldonian and Jeffries Saddlery! The Minos Vision Harmony Curved Mouth French Bit
- A new range of ergonomically designed bits, a 90% copper mouthpiece to help promote salivation.
- An angled lozenge centre to facilitate better contact through a more comfortable mouthpiece.
Harmony - Three section loose ring snaffle.
- This mouthpiece has a more defined angle to the mouthpiece arms.
- This allows the maintaining of a light contact.
- Promotes a softer but quick response.
- This legal snaffle gives the rider a little more help for strong horses or those that tend to lean.
Available in 5", 5.25" and 5.5"
Charmae's Notes: A great budget alternative to the Neue Schule Verbindend - very similar design and action without the Neue Schule price tag!
This bit has worked really well for my horse. He had a tendency to pull down on the forehand and lean on the bit. This bit has promoted a naturally higher head carriage and a much better response to the contact. It sits comfortably in his mouth and he responds much more happily to this than the previous single jointed snaffle he was in.