Matilda is inclined to lean and I have tried a number of snaffles on her. This FM seems to be making her lighter maybe because it makes her more responsive to turn aids. I took a fantastic photo of her in her new FM today after about 30 minutes work. The bit was barely visible under all the white foam in her mouth. I hope this continues!
An Essential bit for any stable- great for young horses, as well as reschooling activities.
- Full cheek stainless steel snaffle with loose rings, now available with a French Link.
- The FM if the bit of choice for those following the teachings of Phillippe Karl, as well as being popular for starting young horses.
- It has the play of a loose ring, with the additional directional assistance of the full cheeks.
- A very well crafted bit with upper cheeks slightly curved out.
- This bit is permitted for dressage competition.
The use of FM Keepers or Fulmer Loops is not required under any competition rules, but can help add further stability to the mouthpiece should you wish. It is recommended to use FM keepers on ponies with children for safety reasons, and please be sure to never leave your horse tied up unattended when wearing a full cheek bit of any kind.
This is a handy bit to own - love a French link snaffle with the steadiness of the full cheek for a fussy horse
I purchased this bit for my young horse who I've just brought back into work after some time off. She has a really soft mouth, but can be a little stubborn with turning (like most babies that are still learning to move around the leg). This bit has given me the extra control needed for turning ect but is still kind enough to ensure her mouth stays soft and responsive.