- Full cheek stainless steel snaffle with loose rings, as designed by Franz Maringer, hence the term "FM" bit.
- The bit of choice for those following the teachings of Phillippe Karl, as well as being popular for starting young horses.
- It has the play of a loose ring, with the additional directional assistance of the full cheeks.
- The single join can help promote a truer contact with horses that dislike pressure on the tongue and hence the lozenge or double jointed style bits.
- A very well crafted bit with upper cheeks slightly curved out
- This bit is permitted for dressage competition.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
After losing count of how many bits I tried on my horse I went full (expensive) circle back to this bit I used on him years ago. He is happy, forward and isn't fussing with the bit or pulling. Sometimes the fancy new bits aren't always best. The loose rings provide instant relief, it is a simple affective bit that all horse owners should have in their bit bag.
This bit is fantastic, it was recommended by a friend for a young horse and I went straight to Bit Bank to see if they had it. Not only was it a lot cheaper than I expected, it also arrived very quickly, despite how slow the Aus Post has been. Highly recommend this bit and Bit Bank, the number 1 business in Australia for bits.