I originally ordered this bit on advice from Charmae as my horse was very responsive to the bit but had trouble finding the contact. After one ride I noticed a difference. The horse was stretching more to find the contact, he was softer to steer and he felt much more balanced in the canter. I didn't feel like I was holding him up so much in the canter, which has been a real problem with us for a long time. The bit was heavier than what I was expecting but it didn't worry the horse. I will definitely be keeping this bit in mind when it comes to starting my young horse next year.
Stimulates the horse to accept the bit more easily.
- The uniquely curved mouthpiece lies perfectly in the mouth resulting in soft and even pressure on the entire tongue area, encouraging the horse to chew, salivate and relax the jaw.
- The eggbutt cheek supports the contact in the corners of the lips, keeping the moputhpiece a little stiller wich can assist with horses that are fussy in the mouth.
- The join in the centre is angled forward, as with the KK Ultra and the mouthpiece is Aurigan or Sensogan with Stainless Steel cheeks.
- Dressage Legal.
- 14mm mouthpiece with 65mm rings (pony 11.5cm size with smaller 55mm rings)
- Note: the cheek design on this bit is more shaped like a traditonal D-ring, than the rounder eggbutt. The flatter sides against the horse's cheeks may give more directional control and clearer aids.
"I very rarely had a bit that worked so well an all horses. The horses that are softer in the mouth are willing to step into the hand and the horses who are a little lighter in the poll are happier to accept the half halt giving hand. Every horse I have ridden with a Dynamic RS improved considerably." Showjumper and International Trainer, Alois Pollmann-Schweckhorst
Notes from Bit Bank Australia:
SENSOGAN® is available to purchase now- the Sprenger range from Bit Bank will be supplied in either Aurigan or Sensogan for the time being depending on what stcok is available immediately. It is our understanding that Sensogan will eventaully replace all Aurigan stock available in Australia and will become more redily sourced than Aurigan.
NB: Sensogan bits are completly compatable with Aurigan if used together in a double- this has no adverse effects for the horse, nor will it contravene any competiton rules.
One of Bit Bank Australia's 5* Rated Horse Bits!
To gain a 5* rating from Bit Bank Australia the particuarly horse bit must meet these 5 criterior:
1. Available in a wide range of sizes
2. Designed to suit a wide range of horses and rider's needs
3. Quality finish for a comfortable fit
4. Designed with the horse's welfare in mind
5. Approved by hundreds of BBA past clients!
I have used these bits for years on my 4 horses and have never had any problems (except when I had the incorrect size). The first one that I bought made such a huge difference that I stopped "shopping around" for alternatives and have been thoroughly happy with my horses responses ever since. Great for starting my youngsters, and continues to please throughout training. (When you're on a good thing, stick to it.)
The bit is lovely and malleable without compromising control. It sits well in my horses mouth. As I had recently changed from a full cheek bit I was pleased to note the horse was very responsive to turning and bending aids in this bit.
I tried this bit after using a couple of others and the two of us struggling with our contact. I feel this bit really helped me to develop a better feel, and the horse was more comfortable due to the shape and the dee ring cheeks. He goes very nicely in it now, and is certainly more consistent and reaching with his contact.
My horse seems really happy with this bit, it is a little heavier then his previous bit (which was a kk ultra light) but this doesn't seem to be a problem. The defined D's of the eggbut seem to give better directional control, and there is no pinching from loose rings - which was my inital reason for the change in bit, as my horse is quite inexperienced. In purchasing this bit I realised that it was too big and needed to downsize which was not a problem from the Bit Bank.